World Lymphoma Awareness Day (WLAD) is held on September 15 every year and is a day dedicated to raising awareness of lymphoma, an increasingly common form of cancer. It is a global initiative hosted by the Lymphoma Coalition. WLAD was initiated in 2004 to raise public awareness of all lymphoma subtypes in terms of symptom recognition, early diagnosis and treatment.
Around the world, more than 735,000 people are diagnosed with lymphoma, including CLL, every year. With this lesser known type of cancer, patients face a variety of unique challenges and rely on the support of a team of professionals and personal connections throughout their cancer experience.
We Can’t Wait: An urgent call for World Lymphoma Awareness Day 2021
This World Lymphoma Awareness Day join the global lymphoma community to say We Can’t Wait to put an end to the unintended consequences the pandemic has had on the lymphoma community.
Around the world, people have faced reduced access to care, treatment and support. As well, due to a lack of access to medical professionals and hesitancy in seeking medical attention when experiencing symptoms, there have been fewer diagnoses and more advanced cancer are expected.
- We can’t wait to take care of our own health. If you notice signs or symptoms of lymphoma, do not delay and speak to your healthcare team.
- We can’t wait to diagnose and treat lymphomas. Decisions were made to support healthcare systems that affected patients, but the time has come to resume standard treatment practices safely.
- We can’t wait to support people living with lymphomas. If you can, please volunteer or support your local organisation – we need your help.
Join the campaign now:
- Download any of the resources below and share on your social media channels
- Use #WLAD2021 and join the global conversation
A visualization of why We Can’t Wait to know the signs and symptoms of lymphoma.
Poster 1: Signs and Symptoms
Poster 2: Living with lymphoma
Social Media Assets
Campaign branded assets to use on social media platforms
Social media slides:
Pre-written content for social media that shares the key facts of why We Can’t Wait